Habilitations are an important tool at the Faculty of Medicine to promote clinician-scientists. They are based on the Bavarian Higher Education Act (Bayerisches Hochschulgesetz) and the Habilitation Statutes (HabilO) of Technische Universität München.
A habilitation is a university qualification that confirms the ability to teach in a specific academic subject area. The acknowledgement of this ability is a prerequisite for the award of the license to teach, the venia legend. A doctoral degree is required to apply for habilitation. Information about the habilitation process can be found in the guidelines.
Documents for Habilitations according to the new statutes:
- Guidelines for a habiliation according to the new statutes
- Habilitation Statutes
- Documents for application for habiliation (form 1)
- Declaration of support (form 2)
- Objective agreement
- Application for interim evaluation
- Report of interim evaluation
- Summary for the yearbook (form 3)
- Final report
Documents for Habilitations according to the old statutes:
- Guidelines for a habiliation according to the old statutes
- old Habilitation Statutes
- Application for the colloquium