The new Master program in Biomedical Neuroscience will start in October 2018!
The program in Biomedical Neuroscience is an ´Elite Master Program´ funded by the Elite Network of Bavaria.
The overall goal is to train excellent scientific professionals in the field of biomedical neuroscience, i.e. to train graduates to achieve a top-level understanding of neuroscience theory and experimental practice, as well as a focus on neurological and neuro-psychiatric diseases.
The MSc-BmN will be embedded into a highly professionalized and successful medical and scientific training infrastructure. It nurtures excellence in neuroscience training and didactics by offering an exemplary curriculum on basic and disease-related neuroscience at the intersection of the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including dedicated modules to foster professional and personal development.
The students are closely guided through the program by an individualized mentoring program.
Neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders are on a rise in developed societies, so further expansion of research and development in neurology-related health care and biomedicine is to be anticipated. Hence our graduates will enter a growth market – so the career prospects of the graduates of the MSc-BmN program will be extremely good in basic academic research, clinical settings and in industry.
Foto: Hr Bauer / TUM
Degree program in brief
- Duration of study/credits: 4 semesters /120 credits, full-time program
- Degree type: Master of Science (M. Sc.)
- Start of program: October 2018
- Application period: January 1st - July 31st via www.tum.de/studium/bewerbung/onlinebewerbung
- Language: English
- Costs per semester: No tuition fee. Detailed information: https://www.tum.de/en/studies/fees-and-financial-aid/
- Bachelor in the field of natural science such as biology, molecular medicine, physics or similar
- Adequate knowledge of the English language
- Passing the selection procedure
Find our Program-Specific Regulations (FPSO) here: fpso_ma_biom.neuros_sf.pdf
Find our Study-Program-Documentation here: study_program_documentation_msc_bmns_v1_25012018.pdf
Modules of the program
Speakers: Pascal Berberat, Arthur Konnerth, Thomas Misgeld
Module Coordinators: Helmuth Adelsberger, Michael Brunnhuber, Leanne Godinho, Arthur Konnerth, Stefan Lichtenthaler, Thomas Misgeld, Ruben Portugues, Mikael Simons, Daniel Teufel
International Cooperation: Israel Nelken, Yosef Yarom (Edmond and Lily Safra Center for Brain Sciences, Hebrew University)
- General questions: Student Service Center, Tel +49 89 289 22737, studium @ tum.de
- Program specific questions: Jacqueline Emmerich, Tel +49 89 4140-6305, firstname.lastname@example.org