Research of TUM School of Medicine is linked to numerous national and international networks. An important factor is the cooperation with the Helmholtz Zentrum München, which is an important structural element with clinical cooperation groups and joint appointments.
Clinical cooperation groups with the Helmholtz Zentrum München:
- Center of Allergy & Environment (ZAUM)
- Pediatric Tumor Immunology (Department of Pediatric Medicine Schwabing hospital)
- Immune Monitoring Platform (Partners: HMGU, TUM (Medical Microbiology), LMU)
- Antigen-specific Immunotherapy (Medical Microbiology)
- Osteosarcoma (Department of Pediatric Medicine Schwabing hospital)
- Innate Immunity (Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiooncology)
Joint appointments with the Helmholtz Zentrum München:
- Prof. M. Göttlicher, Toxicology and Environmental Hygiene
- Prof. H. Höfler, Pathology
- Prof. Th. Meitinger, Human Genetics
- Prof. V. Ntziachristos, Biological Imaging
- Prof. U. Protzer, Virology
In addidtion, various close contacts between the Helmholtz Zentrum München and TUM School of Medicine exist in collaborative projects, such as the program of the medical genome research or numerous EU projects.